- Quaint beach cottage in the heart of La Jolla
- Ocean views
- Perfect for a couple or small family
- Only one block from the beach
- Walking distance to La Jolla Cove
- Parking pass available in the Summer
- Stairs required to access home
- Only street parking available (parking pass in summer)
- Equipped with air conditioning
- Not equipped with a dishwasher
- Smoking and Pets not permitted
- Guest age requirement is 25+ unless accompanied by parents
- Parties, excess noise or violating maximum occupancy will result in eviction
- Please see the Notes section below for more information
Please note: A government-issued ID and the credit card used at booking must be presented at check-in. There is a $500 security deposit due at booking. The deposit can be withheld for violation of any of the terms and conditions, specifically the terms related to our noise and good neighbor policy. See our rental terms and conditions for further details.
Forget the rest, you've found the best! Very rare historic La Jolla Beach Cottage in an incredible location. Wonderful ocean views await and the beach is just steps away from this beautifully finished vacation home. The home is on Ocean Lane between Coast Boulevard and Prospect Street, right in the very heart of the Village of La Jolla.
Step inside this 1930's era beach cottage and prepare to be impressed. Some of the highlights include hardwood flooring, a wood-finished cathedral ceiling offset by remote-controlled skylights that open for a sunroof effect. Bay windows offer dramatic ocean views from the living room, dining area and master suite. Off the master suite is the bathroom with shower The kitchen is fully stocked with all the cookware, appliances and dishes needed to prepare your favorite delicious meals, along with plenty of counter space and a period-inspired Northstar refrigerator and Convection oven. In the living room there is a gas fireplace to warm the evenings along with a comfy couch where you can relax and watch your favorite shows on the flat-screen HDTV, included with HBO.
Or if you'd like to spend a lazy day in bed, you have the choice to watch a show on the flat–screen in the master or be relaxed by the ocean views!
Guests at Casa de las Olas can take a brief stroll down to the ocean and La Jolla Cove. Extraordinarily beautiful, La Jolla Cove is one of the most photographed shorelines in Southern California. Because it is a protected Ecological Reserve, marine wildlife abounds. Water visibility at the Cove can sometimes exceed 30 feet, making it a very popular spot for Scuba, snorkeling and kayaking.
Shopping in La Jolla tends toward the unusual and upscale; designer fashions, expensive jewelry, ethnic artifacts, priceless antiques, oriental rugs and exotic cars. Prospect Street is the spot for fine-dining, including many five-star options perched overlooking the ocean. The most popular offerings are fresh seafood and Mexican cuisine, but you can find anything from scrambled eggs to sushi among the many and varied eateries throughout La Jolla. Ask your Bluewater Concierge for suggestions. We'll find just the right place for your palette!
With its spectacular coastline, temperate climate and dramatic views, it's no wonder that La Jolla was one of the first San Diego neighborhoods to be settled, and has since become home to some of the most prized and expensive real estate in the nation. Surrounded on three sides by the sea and backed by the steep slopes of Mt. Soledad, La Jolla has a Mediterranean feel and enjoys a unique microclimate which rarely drops below 50 degrees or exceeds 90 degrees. We welcome you to experience all that La Jolla has to offer and be our guest at Casa de las Olas.
We have another cottage, Casa del Sol, in the same location in case you have more in your group. Call the Bluewater Vacation Homes team for help finding the perfect home for your group or for assistance planning your vacation to San Diego. Once you arrive, our guest services team is available 24/7 to ensure you have an exceptional experience.
Layout and Configuration
Sleeps a maximum of 4
- Stairs lead up from the street to patio and front door
- Open floor plan: main living area, kitchen, and dining area
- Living room with pull out queen sofa bed (sleeps 2), flat-screen HDTV, bay window with water views, and remote-controlled skylights
- Dining area with seating for 4
- Full kitchen with breakfast bar seating for 2, vintage-style appliances, washer and dryer, and access to back patio
- Bedroom 1 (master): queen bed (sleeps 2), with flat-screen HDTV, bay window with water views, and en suite bathroom with shower
- Ready-made beds with freshly laundered linens
- 1 bath towel, hand towel and washcloth per guest
- 1 beach towel per guest
- Kitchen sponge, hand soap, dish soap and dishwasher soap
- 2 rolls of paper towels
- Kitchen trash bags
- Bathroom starter kit (per bath): hotel-style set of shampoo, conditioner, lotion and bath soap
- 2 rolls of toilet paper per bathroom
- Gas for BBQ grill (pot belly stove)
- Laundry detergent
General Household Amenities
- HDTV with expanded cable and HBO included
- Equipped with air conditioning
- Box fans for bedrooms
- Stacked in-home washer and dryer
- Iron and ironing board
- Gas BBQ grill
Please note: Bikes, beach chairs and toys are not included. Check out our partners for discounts on bike and beach rentals.
- Refrigerator, oven/stovetop, microwave, water filtration system
- Toaster oven, blender and coffee maker
- Cookware, dishes, cups, mugs and utensils
- BBQ grill utensils
Please note: Baggies, aluminum foil, etc. are not supplied.
- Limited additional street parking.
- Parking pass available in the summer months
La Jolla – known as “the Jewel of San Diego” – is one of the most sought-after vacation destinations in Southern California. Featuring a mild climate, breathtaking views and spectacular scenery, it’s well-known for surfing and popular family beaches perfect for a relaxing vacation. You’ll immediately feel like a local as La Jolla’s quaint cafés, restaurants and corner shops welcome you!
Only steps away from The Village – a bustling business district offering world class dining, one-of-a-kind boutiques, art galleries, jewelry shops and romantic, old world hotels. The surrounding residential community is a charming mix of turn-of-the-century Spanish architecture, eccentric modern designs and everything in-between.
Catch some waves on a surfboard in Windansea Beach or head north to La Jolla Shores offering plenty of water activities such as stand-up paddleboarding, snorkeling and scuba diving along with guided kayak tours of the sea cliffs and caves at La Jolla Cove.
Distance to Popular San Diego Attractions
Approximate driving distance
- Balboa Park and Museums: 13 miles
- Belmont Park: 6 miles
- Gaslamp Quarter/Downtown San Diego: 14 miles
- La Jolla Cove: 0.2 miles
- LEGOLAND® California Resort: 26 miles
- Mount Soledad Veterans Memorial: 3 miles
- Old Town San Diego State Historic Park: 10 miles
- San Diego Zoo®: 16 miles
- San Diego Zoo® Safari Park: 32 miles
- SeaWorld® San Diego: 8 miles
- Seaport Village: 13 miles
- Torrey Pines State Natural Reserve: 7 miles
- USS Midway Museum: 14 miles
|Jan - 2022|
|Feb - 2022|
|Mar - 2022|
|Apr - 2022|
|May - 2022|
|Jun - 2022|
|Jul - 2022|
|Aug - 2022|
Rates* Rates are subject to change without notice. Pricing excludes taxes, additional options or fees.
|Vacation Rental Standard Pricing||Night||Min Nights|
ReviewsPage: 1 of 3
Please note: A government-issued ID and the credit card used at booking must be presented at check-in. Guest age requirement is 25+ unless children accompanied by parents. Parties, excess noise or violating maximum occupancy are prohibited and will result in immediate eviction with no refunds.
- 50% down; all balances are due 30 days prior to arrival
- City Occupancy Tax: 10.5%
- Departure Cleaning: $160
- Vacation Rental Damage Protection: $99
- Refundable security deposit amount dependent on number of occupants and length of stay
Arrival / Departure
- Check-in: 4:00 PM
- Check-out: 10:00 AM
Please note: We are unable to accommodate early check ins or late check outs during peak periods.
Furnishings and amenities are subject to change. No refunds given for any reason unless manager deems the home to be uninhabitable. All occupants and use of home must be approved by management, and reservations may be declined or canceled at management’s discretion. All rates are subject to change until finalization of reservation.